Plump Pumpkin Muffins
- 3 cups white
- 1 1/4 tsps baking
- 2 1/2 tsps baking
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tsps cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 tsp nutmeg (to taste)
- 1/4 to 3/4 tsp allspice (to taste)
- 1/4 cup packed dark
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups white
sugar (to taste, depends on how sweet you like your muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola
- 1 1/2 to 3/4 cup skim
- 1 tblspn molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 to 11/3 cups pumpkin
puree (most of a can...)
- 1 cup quick
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate
chips (optional) or cinnamon baking chips (optional)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, spices, and leavening in one bowl.
- If using raisins, set them in a bowl of hot water to soak.
- Add sugars to the flour mixture, cut together thoroughly.
- In a seperate bowl, beat together the pumpkin, oil, egg, and molasses.
- Add vanilla and milk to the pumpkin mixture and stir until well, until fully
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture, and stir thoroughly, until incorporated
- Add any extra additions, like raisins (should be well soaked, drain before
adding), oatmeal, or chips.
- Measure by 1/3 or 1/4 cup into sprayed muffin tins. These rise nicely, so
fill your tins a little higher than you usually would to get those bakery-muffin
- Bake at 375 for 20 - 35 minutes, depending on extras chosen.
Idaho Web Design