Making Pelímeni Dough
- 2 cups wheat flour (the highest quality)
- 6 egg yolks,
- 1 cup whey.
- "Sift the flour, pour it onto the table and make a well
in the center.
- Mix eggs yolks, salt a pinch or two, and whey carefully
together until homogenous.
- Pour this into the well in the flour and begin to mix all
together until the mass forms a ball; It should be elastic, but not too stiff.
- Knead and work the dough until it no longer sticks to your
hands or to the table.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover.
- Let the dough remain at room temperature
2 to 3 days, adding a bit of flour and kneading once or twice a day.
- After the 2 or 3
days, your dough is ready to be rolled out, cut, filled with meats or vegetables
and simmered in broth.
Idaho Web Design