- 3 cups. scalded milk or enough scalded milk added to whey
from hrudka to make 3 cups.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 large cake yeast or equivalent portion of dry yeast
- 12 to 14 cups. flour
- In a large bowl, combine milk, sugar, salt, and butter and
cool to lukewarm.
- Save 2 tablespoons of the eggs and add the rest of the eggs
to the milk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, crumble yeast in water and let stand for
- Add to above mixture.
- Add flour, about 2 cups at a time, until the dough can be
- Knead on floured board for 15 minutes. Place dough in
greased bowl; grease top and let rise in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hours.
Punch down and let rise a second time for about 45 minutes.
- After second rising, shape into 4 balls and place into
greased pans. Small, 1 1/2 quart enamelled saucepans can be used for baking.
Let rise. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons eggs to which some milk has been added.
To achieve that glazed appearance on the loaves, brush tops several times prior
to removing them from the oven. Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour.
Idaho Web Design