This was originally langodog Welsh Cakes but it is almost impossible
to get langodog butter since they went out of business!
- 3oz sweet cream salt free butter
- 8oz Self-raising flour
- 1 leek
- 1 teaspoonful of Welsh honey mustard
- 1 teaspoonful of poppy seeds
- 1 egg
- Sieve flour and rub in butter until it forms fine
- Slice up the leeks thinly and add to mixture.
- Add the poppy seeds.
- Mix the beaten egg with the mustard and add to the dry
ingredients to create a soft dough mixture. (If there is enough time, put it in
the fridge to rest)
- Roll out and cut into small rounds.
- Cook on a hotplate or griddle for 4 minutes each side.
Perfect for breakfast with cockles, laverbread or bacon; a
picnic or a Welsh tea; or to round off a meal served with Welsh cheeses and
Idaho Web Design