Gluten Free Bread
There are many people
who canít eat gluten in bread and need to be
completely gluten-free. This recipe is dairy-free for those who are very intolerant. Those who tolerate dairy products can
use kefir or yoghurt for the soaking.
Whole grain, gluten free bread (Can be made dairy-free)
Gluten Free Substitues found on this page:
- 1 cup flour substitute*
- 2 tablespoons whey or lemon juice
- 1 cup less 2 tablespoons warm water (i.e., total liquid = 1
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
- 1 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, freshly ground in coffee grinder
(comes to just under a cup of meal)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds, freshly ground in coffee grinder (comes
to just under Ĺ a cup of meal)
- 2 teaspoons pectin, xantham gum or guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Pinch of fine celtic sea salt
- Mix together the flour, warm water and whey the night before
you want to make the bread
- Cover and leave in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs with the oil until well blended.
- Mix in the soaked flour. Mix remaining dry ingredients
together in a large bowl,
- Add the batter, whisking as you go; the texture should be a
fairly heavy batter.
- Let stand for a few minutes while you prepare the loaf pan.
- The flaxseeds will soak up some of the moisture and thicken
the batter further. By this time, it should be thick and similar to bread
dough. The thicker it is, the better it will cook. If you need to, add a little
more sesame meal.
- Spoon into a buttered loaf pan!.
- Smooth the top, and then make a small dip in the centre to
allow for rising.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool before slicing.
- 1/4 cup Soy flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice flour
Mix together. Equals
1-cup wheat flour.
- 3 cups white rice or brown rice flour
- 1 cup potato
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
Mix together. 1-cup
equals 1-cup wheat flour.
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup potato flour (not starch)
together. 1-cup equals 1-cup wheat flour.
Idaho Web Design