Carmelized Expresso Frappe
- 1 cup
- 2 teaspoon instant espresso (or 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups milk
cup hot cocoa mix
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Combine boiling water and espresso; stir until
- Pour into an ice cube tray; freeze 4 hours (or until firm).
- Combine sugar and 4 tablespoons water in a
small heavy saucepan over medium heat; cook until sugar dissolves.
cooking an additional 5 minutes or until golden and carmelized.
- Remove from heat; carefully
stir in 4 tablespoons water with a whisk (mixture will bubble vigorously); let completely
cool to room temperature.
- Combine caramelized sugar, milk, and cocoa mix in a blender; process until
- With blender on, add coffee ice cubes, 1 at a time; process until
- Add crushed ice; process until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Idaho Web Design